Know before you go
Before travelling to any other country it is very important that you have some important documents with you. Passport, visa and immunisation are the most common requirements for travelling to different countries. Since processing of these time can take some time so it is advisable to apply for these as early as possible to avoid end time hassles. You should also check with immunisation guidelines before you travel.
To get the latest travel advice for your desired destination you can check on the Foreign and Commonwealth website which is an official website that offers the guidance on everything from health to immunisation and from passport to visa requirements.
Some key points to be note:-
- Passport is valid for at least 6 months from your date of travel
- Visa is required for the country you are visiting. You also require a Transit Visa if you are transiting for more than 12 hours. Please check the Transit Visa rules for the country of transit.
- It is advisable to carry valid medical and travel insurance when you are travelling internationally
- Check out the foreign currency limit that you can carry with you
- Confirmed return ticket. A one-way ticket will be accepted only for the students, working professional as well as dependents of the working professionals